Tuesday, January 20, 2015

LOST AND FOUND: THE SEARCH FOR CHRIST




How long have you been searching?
How long have you been looking for the risen King?
You searched the grave, (but) didn’t see Him there
Searched the world, (but) still you didn’t find him there?
 Why did you given in, admitting defeat?
He must be somewhere...
You’ve asked the watchmen but they fell asleep
You’ve inquired of the palace guard and they too have taken leave of their post
They’ve missed Him... But must you too?

Keep searching!

In the still of the night, the whisper of the wind gently caressing the contours of your face
Urging you to AWAKE!
For it is now clear: He is RISEN!
In your heart dear child,
Where there ought to be garrisons of His armies guarding-
Preserving the locks of (this) life’s wellsprings[1] from wastage
Yes! He lives!

Don’t you hear it too?
His voice as gentle as the wind, calling you closer
Deeper
Higher
He dwells there, in the deep recesses of your spirit
The fullness of your heart

Oh dear child, search no more
For the answer to the mystery has been unveiled:
He lives! Yes He lives!
But He longs to live in you... Will you let Him?

He lives and His heart beats in you
So search no further for He is risen
And He calls you to live for Him

Finally I have found the answer and He is Jesus
The lover of my soul
The keeper of my life
He is truly risen and lives in me
And because He lives in me-
I live
I breathe
I have life (beyond life itself)
Because He lives in me
I can breathe life into dead bones calling all to live once more-
Live once more for the honor and glory of Christ the King

He lives! Surely He lives!
My eyes have beheld the His glory
The lamb upon the throne who reigns for eternity!








[1] Proverbs 4:23

No comments:

Post a Comment