Friday, September 5, 2014

Designed With You In Mind: Present Training Grounds for Future Endeavors

 “Grrr! Why does it have to be this way? Lord I really want …….. (insert your request here). I have prayed to you tirelessly about this, why O Lord has it not been granted unto me? Speak to me Lord, just one word to let me know where I stand in the midst of this storm of life. Where is my breakthrough? Lord I am growing weary of the wait, for my strength seems to have failed me yet another day. Is there any end to this? Have I not been faithful to Your word, tarrying and enduring? When Lord, when? How Lord, how? When and how will this all turn around the way I desire it to? I guess it’s back to praying and waiting once again……”

I am sure you can relate to this monologue, whether voiced via thoughts (internally) or words (externally). I know I certainly can! Honestly, the course of life suited to our individual specifications and personal situations can be daunting and frustrating. Often times in meditation and reflection of times past, I have found myself pouring out to God; my desires to see visible changes in my environment, especially through my talents and abilities. Tears imprinted my visage’s canvas out of the inner frustration and exhaustion of simply desiring better through God-centered quests and accomplishments, only to have them unrealized.

In spite of all this, one thing always remained and God always seeks to remind me: “Embrace your NOW, for it serves as training grounds for your future. DO NOT DESPISE where you are today.” Wow! Talk about acquiring (and continually so) new eyes! Simply put, He was stating, focus not on the problem but rather focus on the solution. Of course, He was, is and always will be the solution to our issues but He also seeks to offer a practical methodology towards easier and bearable livelihood. Two scriptures standing out to me, relative to these statements are Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope” and Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” (NKJV)

All this “talking” is as fleeting as the wind, without proper illustration. Hence I expound on this life lesson. In reading prior inserts in this blog, you may have received a brief insight as to certain occurrences in my life- most notably the death of my mother at the age of 16. For quite a few years I struggled to understand, the significance of this in my present life, but as the days roll by, the picture’s blurriness and distortion is being corrected to my vision.

A beautiful part of the 2014 era is the obvious road to Godly covenant (marriage) opened to me. With the time’s progression, a deeper appreciation for things that I learnt in the years past remains evident as it is now a second nature. In these ten years subsequent to her demise, the training and journey to becoming a wife began. Learning to care for my family’s needs (i.e. physical, emotional, spiritual), more for specifically the males; and household/ family management, was and remains pivotal. Have I mastered it? A greater part of me longs to say yes, but truthfully I have learnt to embrace and change with change. Continually with these changes I seek balance, where the right persons/ things get appropriate attention and in that precise context- nothing or no one is left out. This goes with the understanding that within time persons present and responsibilities change; some may remain and other may not- in all wisdom one needs to know which ones to let go of and which ones to hold onto; know each’s seasons and purpose in your life.

Also important, were/are the lessons drawn about myself- who I am and who I am destined to become in Christ; ensuring that God continually changes me for His glory (2 Cor. 3:18). Not forgetting above all, coming to the understanding that without Christ at the helm, my life would have no meaning and my bones would’ve probably taken up residence with worms and ants six feet beneath already, had I not found and accepted Christ when I did.

I could effortlessly list so many other aspects of my upbringing that have shaped me for this present moment, especially where love (for God, self and others), patience and faith were molded but I trust this illustration is enough to stand in this simple encouragement: “EMBRACE YOUR NOW and allow it to train you for your future as God sees fit. Further down the road, you may look back and be totally appreciative of your training grounds and the lessons drawn from there.” REMEMBER: No one is fully qualified for a job unless training and tests are undertaken and deemed successful.


Stay encouraged; focused on God irrespective of your situation. You are even closer to your breakthrough than you think. Press On! (Philipians 3:14)

No comments:

Post a Comment