Monday, September 29, 2014

My Heart's Cry

There is none other like the love that I have found in Christ, 
Now I am desperate to drown in the astounding rushing wind of His grace. 

I am desperate..... to feel the arms of a King so embracing this prodigal daughter, 
welcoming her back home after straying away for so long. 
I am desperate..... to hear his voice, soothing to a crying baby’s aches, saying “I love you and will never forsake you.” 

Yes, His voice is clearly spoken through His word, but I long to hear His voice within the deep recesses of my spirit. 
I long for Him.... to draw from the deepest of deeps, soaring into the highest of highs. 

I KNOW this phase is only temporary, a sign of a higher level that must be attained in Him, 
a place where I shall be elevated beyond the natural capacity and understanding. 
Yet still, whilst I await the passing of this desert storm, this valley of life’s unbroken road; 
I cannot help but to realize and admit that I need more of my God. 

More of His love and His power, more of His ability and glory. 
I need the arms of my Father for I am lost without it. 
I need my Father’s arms for it is there that I find rest. 
I am desperate…… for more of my Jesus, my King. 
I am desperate for His love and life once again. 

Fresh fire- breathe on me and set me free from the sorrows and pains of this world, 
away from the concepts and brokenness of this society’s chains. 
Breathe on me that I may have life like never before. 
I am desperate Lord…… and only You can mold me into who I ought to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment